University of Minnesota Extension

Extension is expanding its online education and resources while in-person events and classes are canceled.

Extension > Extension in your Community > Mahnomen > 4-H > Articles > Fair Thanks!!

print icon email icon share icon

Fair Thanks!!

  • 335 4-H Exhibits by 39 4-H members
  • Approximately $7,000 PROFIT from the 4-H Food Stand! 
  • A HUGE THANK YOU to Gina & Pat Noll for managing the 4-H food stand!  They planned the menu, ordered the food, prepared the pies & hamburger patties, organized the kitchen and many other things!  Shelly Zimmel made the delicious potato salad, helped with the strawberries and more.  Ed & Sarah Snetsinger spent most of Friday grilling and frying and 4-H families, alumni & friends of 4-H worked at the food stand all 3 days of the fair.  Cheese was donated by the Mahnomen County Dairy Association and the Mahnomen County Farm Bureau sponsored Breakfast at the Fair ($400)
  • More than $11,000 was donated during the 4-H Livestock Premium Auction on Saturday, July 1st!
  • 80% of the premium auction bid goes directly to the 4-Her, the other 20% is used by Mahnomen County 4-H.  Cloverbuds (K-2nd grade) divide the total bid equally among the group.  Pat Simon did an excellent job as auctioneer.  Ed Snetsinger, Steve Worms and Joe Swiers helped inside and outside the show arena.  Sarah Snetsinger took awesome photos of the participants & their animals.  Ashleigh Joorawon-Omlid, Lacy Wulfekuhle, Blair & Deb Hoseth aided by making & recording bids during the auction.  4-H families really got out into the community & beyond inviting people/businesses to come to the auction.  Thank you!  Your hard work paid off!
  • Many positive comments were shared about the barn, gates & livestock.   4-Hers were complimented on the cleanliness of the stalls, walkways & animals – thank you for representing Mahnomen County 4-H so well!
  •   All 1,000 4-H quilt raffle tickets were accounted for before the drawing of the 4-H quilt on Saturday, July 1st.  This fundraiser brought in about $600!  Please thank Sandy Kaster when you see her!